Thursday, January 16, 2014

My Story...

On December 28th 2013, I tore my acl during the first 3 minutes of my varsity basketball game during an invitational tournament! I was having such a great Junior year and then I hit this speed bump in the road... I made a drop step to the basket and my left knee just gave out and I went down crying and screaming! When I heard that pop I knew something was wrong. I wasn't crying because of the pain really, I was mostly crying of the thought that my Junior season of basketball was over; I was right. I got my MRI results back about a week later and I underwent my first ever surgery on January 15th, 2014! I was so scared and nervous when I first went into the pre op room but after they put some medication into the IV I got really sleepy and I think I even fell asleep before the nurses gave me the anesthesia :) I'M A FIGHTER AND I'M GOING TO COME BACK ONTO THE COURT STRONGER, FASTER, AND OVERALL BETTER THAN EVER! My dream is to play college basketball and this injury isn't taking that away from me! - "When you wan't to succeed as bad as you want to breathe then you will be SUCCESSFUL."

No comments:

Post a Comment