Friday, January 17, 2014

Day #2:

It's my 2nd day after getting my acl surgery and I just wanted to keep a blog about my progress and how my day is going I guess! I got my bandages redone yesterday, so the day after surgery and my staples looked fine the nurse said and that their wasn't any signs of infection so that's good news!!! My swelling isn't too bad and the pain is just normal. The pain is mostly just soreness than a striking pain... iv'e been taking the  2 Hydrocodone  every 6 hours as needed and it really helps ALOT! The only time my knee hurts is if I get up to go anywhere and that's pretty much the bathroom.. except I might go to my game against Park Center at 7 PM tonight to cheer on my team!!! At the moment I am Icing my knee while its elevated to keep the swelling down. I went to my first PT session yesterday, and she just gave me the exercises listed below to do at home:


  • 2 sets of heel slides (10x)
  • 2 sets of knee extension stretches ( hold 3-5 min)
  • 2 sets of isometric quadriceps (10-20x, hold 5 sec) 

No comments:

Post a Comment